BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
Last Night at Chateau Marmont - Lauren Weisberger So what happens when you have struggled to support that musician boyfriend and he hits it big? Lauren Weisberger does a credible job about bringing together the tabloid press, the publicists and managers who believe any press is good press and the family of the famous who become collateral damage. Brooke falls in love with Julian after hearing him sing and in a slightly stalkerish way, follows him around NYC. But Julian feels the same about her, so it is all good. Except when the new found fame takes him on a whirlwind tour of performances, press and parties. He gets lost in the commotion that he is creating and Brooke is at the bottom of his to-do list. This is well written and the dialog sounds so realistic that it turns into a very quick read. Of course there is conflict when pictures emerge of Julian with another women and Brooke finds herself in the limelight. I did find a few things that nagged me about story. Julian doesn't call when he is supposed to and there is no real help for Brooke in combating the tabloids that are now on her tail. I just find it hard to believe that Brooke is left out in the cold and Julian provides little support. Brooke is the real star of this book and it is nice to see that good behavior is rewarded. I definitely recommend this one to any lover of chick lit.

Orange Is the New Black