BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
New Tricks - David Rosenfelt Where has this series been hiding? This is my first book by this author and I am going to go back and read all of the catalogue. Normally, I am all about reading series in order, but I picked up right away on all of the recurring characters. The writing is spectacular and you feel like you are watching a movie rather than reading the words. Andy Carpenter, our hero lawyer who rescues Golden Retrievers is someone you would like to have as a neighbor, well, all except that he tends to bring what little work he has home with him. His girlfriend, Laurie, is shot while she is dog sitting a client. The client is a a Burmese Mountain dog, (Waggy), at the center of a murder. The story brings in details of show dogs, genetics and wonderful courtroom banter. Major snark alert! There are enough plot twists and unexpected turns to keep any one reading late into the night which happened to me. I think any fan of dogs and murder mysteries with love this one. It did remind me a bit of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series and not just because it takes place in New Jersey. The character of Marcus could be related to Ranger. I want more now!

Orange Is the New Black