BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
5 Ingredient Fix: Easy, Elegant, and Irresistible Recipes - Claire Robinson Robinson is the host of 5 Ingredient Fix on Food Network and one that I watch religiously. In this new cookbook, she puts on paper a lot of her favorites for you to try. This is such a beautiful cookbook, full of easy to use recipes and beautiful pictures. I tried several and the one that is most favored in my house is the grown up grilled cheese made with cheese that doesn't come wrapped in cellophane. I even tried my hand at creating my own 5 Ingredient Fix.HERE IS MINE! Cheesy Enchilada Casserole Serves at least 8Preparation about 30 minutesCook Time about 30 minutes at 350.This can be prepared ahead and refrigerated, just add 10 minutes cook time.4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or chopped into bit size pieces3 cups shredded Mexican Cheese blend - divided use2 tbsp finely chopped onions1 large can mild Enchilada Sauce18 small corn tortillasIn one large casserole pan (13 x 9)I use a small ladle to place about 4 scoops of Enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan.Place 6 tortillas over the bottom of the dish like Lasagna noodles, they will overlap.Coat the top of the tortillas with a few more ladles of sauce.Divide the cooked chicken and place half on top of the cheeseSprinkle with almost 1 tablespoon of onions (you can use more if you like, but just reserve a few for the top)Sprinkle with more cheese, about a handfulPlace 6 more tortillas after coating both sides with sauce. I usually ladle a bit on the bottom of each and coat as best as possible. Ladle extra on the top. You should have about 1/3 can of sauce left.Repeat the cheese, chicken, onion, cheese step above.Place the final tortillas on top of this after coating both sides with sauce.Sprinkle the remainder of cheese on top with some of the onions and whatever sauce is left.Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, add about 10 minutes to baking time if you refrigerated it.This is almost better the next night. It will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days. You can also make this with turkey, pork and hamburger. I would recommend lightly dusting salt and pepper over the meat as it is cooking. I serve it with corn mixed with a few red bell peppers finely chopped and Spanish rice made from a box.

Orange Is the New Black