BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
University of Strangers - Bob Pfeifer This turned out to be one of my favorite stories so far this year and combines mystery with conspiracy theories about Amanda Knox and a secret society. I don't reread many books, but I had to go back and go through this one again once I figured out that the majority of people exist and and are newsworthy. I ended up spending some time googling some of the story points about Amanda Knox and some other characters. I had never heard of the author, Robert Bolano before and he plays a central part in the story.This mystery written through journal entries, interviews and some narrative is the most unique thing I have read in awhile. It reminded me a bit of Hunter S. Thompson. I loved how each word counts and there aren't a lot of unnecessary descriptive elements. If you are looking for a quick, thoughtful mystery with a great punky soundtrack (you get a download card!), this is a great pick! I received this book from the author at no cost in exchange for my honest review.

Orange Is the New Black