BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
The Story of Stuff: How Our Obsession with Stuff is Trashing the Planet, Our Communities, and our Health—and a Vision for Change - Annie Leonard The Story of Stuff isn't exactly a page turner, it will make you think about stuff and how it impacts your daily life. Stuff can either make or break this planet and at the present time, it looks pretty negative. This handbook will help you understand and figure out what you can do to make your world better. I think that the author has a lot of things right in this book. Television causes people to increase their wants and not necessarily their needs.Annie Leonard explains how each step of the manufacturing process creates waste and the chemicals involved are poisoning us and the earth. So far, I think there has been several things in the book, like certain plastics that are now being outlawed. She sites one idea that mailing back unrecyclable items back to the manufacturer to protest. However, I don't see how mailing back items to manufactures can make them stop manufacturing the item. That seems like a waste of energy to me.

Orange Is the New Black