BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
Falling Apart in One Piece: One Optimist's Journey Through the Hell of Divorce - Stacy Morrison Sigh, I knew this book would bring tears to my eyes and at points, it did. The best books always evoke some sort of emotion and this one will have you on a roller coaster. I could feel all of the highs and lows of Stacy Morrison's divorce play out and how she kept putting one foot in front of the other. This is THE book for anyone going through a divorce, especially with young children, so you won't feel alone. Actually, this is a great study in the female reaction to a divorce told with a positive outlook of trying to a life back on track after the devastation.I know so many people who have been through divorce and you never think that it will happen to you, much like what happened to Stacy Morrison. Stacy's writing is just so easy to read that it makes you feel like you are there while it is happening. She also doesn't live anything off the table and shows all of her mistakes as well as those of her ex. She goes the extra step of insuring that she stays friends with her son's father for his sake rather than becoming bitter and reactive to his father's abandonment. If you are a fan of memoirs, like I am, you will love this book!

Orange Is the New Black