BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
The Summer Garden - Sherryl Woods MY THOUGHTSLOVED ITI have read Woods' books off and on over the years and it is always nice to pop back in and see what is happening. If you have read any of the Chesapeake Shores series, then this will be a nice revisit and if this is your first book, you won't want to leave. The story continues a bit of Dillon and Nell relationship, but the true stars are Moira and Luke. Moira, Moira, Moira, what can I say? This girl has a lot of gumption, but she seems to lack when it comes to trusting her own feelings. When Nell invites her for a visit from her native Ireland, I was cheering, thinking, you go girl! Go get Luke since you two really belong together but both of them dance around that fact. Sad to say, that this is the last book in the series, but the O'Brien family will still exist in print so you can revisit them as I am going to. I really enjoyed the give and take between the characters and even the bit of meddling which occurs in any family. I just hope that Moira can trust herself enough to get through her abandonment issues (her father left when she was young), and that Luke helps her with a little bit of a self esteem boost. Luke does grow up and overcome his playboy past. Since they are both fairly young, I could imagine this as a first true relationship and I just hope that the author might continue this couple somehow.

Orange Is the New Black