BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
Love Always - Harriet Evans Natasha Kapoor returns to Cornwall for her grandmother's funeral and learns that secrets in her huge, extended family have lead to some weird dynamics. The truth begins to emerge when she is given her aunt Cecily's diary that documents some starling truths and sets Natasha on a road to personal discovery. There are a lot of layers to Natasha's history and it is wonderful to see her grow as she discovers the truth about her very existence. The main secret is that Natasha's grandmother, a famous painter, has stopped painting after her youngest daughter, Cecily, falls to her death. Natasha looks enough like Cecily to be her twin. There are so many entanglements in this family, you need a chart to keep track. They aren't hard to follow and each page brings about a new enlightenment on just what it means to be related.In a true mystery, the story about Cecily's death and the chaos it creates within the family is told through flashbacks and portions of her diary so you slowly begin to see all of the circumstance surrounding her death. This story will really keep your attention as it did mine as you try to guess what really happened to Cecily. I really couldn't put it down once I started. Natasha is such a complex character and I really wanted to find out what was holding her back in her life, whether her jewelery designing business or her love life. I loved how the story pulls past and present together to create her personal history. If you enjoy Madeleine Wickham or Jennifer Weiner, you are going to love this one. I think this may be my favorite Harriet Evans book yet! I would always try to get the UK versions as soon as they were released and I wish I hadn't waited on this one. Pure reading joy!

Orange Is the New Black