BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
The Claimed (Sin Hunters,#4) - Caridad Piñeiro MY THOUGHTSLOVED ITVictoria is set to run the clan of the Light Hunters as well as mating with an perfect choice and protect humans from the Shadow Hunters. Both groups can draw power from the elements but the Shadow Hunters prey on humans and the Light Hunters to gather their strength. Her clan seeks to keep the Shadow Hunters in check. Christopher is of the Shadow clan and he a few of his companions have discovered the ways of the Light Hunters by feeding on the elements instead of others and thus avoiding the virus that is claiming the members of his tribe. Of course she is thrown together with Christopher in a Romeo and Juliet setting instead of her intended mate of Adam. Of course, there are factions that would rather not have these two together like Chirstopher's ex, Maya who reminded me a bit of Jessica Rabbit (I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way) and Rafael, her guard. Even though this is a paranormal romance, this story would still be a wonderful sci-fi fantast if it were left out. The romance actually enhances the supernatural elements of the tale. I thought is was really a nice touch when the two lovers combined auras instead of the full on typical love story. Sammi is probably my favorite minor character with her roller derby ways and that she turns out to be more than just Victoria's friend. I hope the next installment will explore more of her background since what is alluded to in this one is quite interesting. Fans of Gena Showalter and Larissa Ione should really enjoy this series.

Orange Is the New Black