BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
Whisper - Alyson Noel OMGOSH -- so good -- Ground hog day for Riley!MY THOUGHTSABSOLUTELY LOVED ITRiley Bloom is still in the Here and Now and on a new journey to help a soul move on. In this latest installment, Riley's inner most desire almost comes true. After she dies at age twelve, she thinks she will never, ever become a teenager and reach the magical age of thirteen. After Bodhi, leads her to her next challenge, he leaves her and tells her this will be her most challenging case yet. She travels back to ancient Rome in order to help a gladiator named Theocoles move over the bridge. When she is befriended by Messalina, whose uncle owns the gladiator school where Theocoles trains, she finds her innermost wishes suddenly being fulfilled. She now looks like a teenager and actually has her first kiss! There the story takes a strange turn and Messalina forces her to relive the day that Theocoles is killed again and again. It is a wonder that Riley can escape the madness that Messalina has created. The word whisper plays an important role in this story, where Riley again outwits the souls she is entrusted to help cross over. The world of ancient Rome is seductively described by Noel and you really feel like you are in the Coliseum cheering on the gladiators. I am so glad I just read that this series will continue for another book. I so enjoy Riley's adventures. This is safe for the youngest of teens and is a series that even the most reluctant of readers will get into. I know since I have recommend this series to several kids who say they hate to read but ask me when the next book will be out!

Orange Is the New Black