BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
Sleeping With the Beast - Dale Ryan MY THOUGHTSABSOLUTELY LOVED ITPhotographer Dale Ryan has captured the joy of living and sleeping with her wonderful dogs. Her lovely home is packed with all sorts of amazing objects that are displayed with such care that it looks like a page ripped out of Home Beautiful. . This is a gorgeous book that should be left out on your coffee table for all to enjoy. I am so jealous of the author's garden and dogs! I love that she allows her dogs to roam free throughout the place. They are part of her family and it shows. I do wonder how she can get any rest with those three big Shar Peis in bed with her. I would love to kick the dachshund out of my bed, but she is just too smart and can sneak back in whenever she likes.Ryan used complimentary colors that hid all the pet hair, something I didn't think about when I tried to do my own home in creams and whites. That just didn't work out with two black dogs. I have since adjusted to more autumn colors, much as Ryan has used in her own home, and now have a dog that blends in so well with the furniture that she is hard to find at times. She makes things as pet friendly as possible for her dogs. There are lots of little tips to help make your home and garden as pet friendly as possible. I am going to treasure this book!

Orange Is the New Black