BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs
Rogue - Gina Damico MY THOUGHTSABSOLUTELY LOVED IT*** spoilers if you haven't read the first two in the series ***And why haven't you read these awesome books yet?Lex is quickly learning that she has skills above and beyond the ability to Damn and none of them are supernatural. With Driggs being somewhere between ghost and dead-dead, she can still see him and hold him once in awhile. As the Grimsphere is starting to collapse and might signal the end of the afterlife, Lex and her uncle Mort must contain the damage and prevent the downfall. Armed with the Wrong Book and which is attached to the Grim Creator, Grotton, the Juniors must follow the clues to save everything for the afterlife. Can they do it in time? Of course, the Junior have many tricks up their sleeves, including fast thinking and Uncle Mort's theories. They head to Necropolis, to seal the last opening to the Grimsphere where Norwood, has already somewhat taken over. This is such a thrilling conclusion that left me feeling a bit bittersweet. I was so sad that Driggs was no longer corporeal but could be when he touched Lex. I am going to miss the dry sense of humor and swift comebacks of Lex and Uncle Mort. These characters aren't perfect, they make a lot of mistakes and some die. The romance between Driggs and Lex is just swoon-worthy. These two are meant for each other even if they can't always be together. A little more about Driggs' history is also explained and it is pretty sad. Do yourself a favor and go grab all three books to read before summer ends. You won't be disappointed. Sigh, I have to get over the end of this series. I am going to miss Lex so much.

Orange Is the New Black