BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Dating Mr. December

Dating Mr. December - Phillipa Ashley There is such a desolate wasteland for a good Chick Lit book this time of the year, that the timing on this release couldn't have been better. I didn't realize that this book was the inspiration for a Lifetime movie (The Twelve Men of Christmas) until I started to write this review. I kept thinking that this story would make an excellent movie and some one beat me to it! Now, I will have to go track down a copy. It stars Kristin Chenoweth as EJ (Emma) and is set in NYC, but I think the main plot points are all there from the description I read on line.Emma is out of sorts after her boyfriend betrays her and her boss fires her. She moves out of London to the rural Lake District in England for a new position as a public relations consultant for the tourism board in the middle of nowhere. The local area has a mountain rescue team that desperately needs a new base camp and Emma decides that the volunteers would make excellent calendar subjects for a fund raiser. Will Tennent, a member of the rescue team is set against this idea, but finally caves in and goes along. Of course, Will is gruff, unfriendly and set in his ways, but comes around to Emma in more ways than one. There is wonderful quick and smart dialog, some well placed action and it was a quick read for me. If you like Sophie Kinsella, Jill Mansell, or Hester Brown, you will love this author as well.

Orange Is the New Black