BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star

Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star - Heather Lynn Rigaud Fitzwilliam Darcy and the rest of the cast from Pride and Prejudice are reimaged as rock stars in the perfectly told tale of love, betrayal, music and just the right amount of lust. One one side you have the guys from Slurry, a dark, heavy rock band based on Puddle of Mud which is headed up by Darcy with a bad boy reputation. And the girls, the Bennett sisters which have their own sound like Cheryl Crow and Michelle Branch through a band named Long Bourne Suffering. When the two bands are thrown together for a tour that will change a lot in their lives. The story weaves through the interactions of the band members, their romances and exactly what goes on backstage.The story of Pride and Prejudice has been retold in countless ways and this latest edition doesn't disappoint. I am so glad to say that. Rigaud keeps the flavor of Austen, but truly modernizes the dialogue and Austen's snappy dialogue is some of the best out there, so when I started to read this, the words just flowed. I think my favorite part of the book is where the Bennet Girls google Slurry and then themselves right before the tours starts and their dismay at the things they find online. There is drama built in and the romances that take place between the parties are natural and not forced. Rigaud starts the book out with a "Inside the Music" documentary that completely sets the scene for the whole book-a brilliant move. I really enjoyed this one and would love to see the author do another rock star take on a classic!

Orange Is the New Black