BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Confessions of an Improper Bride (Donovan Sisters, #1)

Confessions of an Improper Bride - Jennifer Haymore Jonathan Dane has left Serena Donovan's reputation is tatters and returns to England as "Meg" a prim and proper young lady scheduled to marry in order to save her family and their name. Even though she is now "Meg", Jonathan is immediately drawn to her, just like the first time. Sparks fly between the handsome rake and Serena again. Serena must keep up appearances and deny her heart a second time.Oh, what a tangled web we weave...Yes, Serena does weave a web of deceit but no more than any other lady of today. She struggles with guilt and lust and who can blame her. She doesn't want to marry someone she doesn't love but feels she has no choice. Through some wonderfully laid scenes, the plot weaves around like a dance between the two lovers and you can't help but hope that Serena and Jonathan end up together. Jonathan is a bad boy and he needs the love of someone like Serena to set him on the right path, but in order to win Serena, he will have to expose all of her lies. I had so much fun reading this story. There were lots of wonderful twists and turns to the ending. The dialogue was believable and the descriptions were just right and not over the top. This is the first story in the series and now I can't wait for the next one. The next one is Olivia's story to be released early 2012. I normally don't comment on covers, but I LOVED this one. I really thought it captured the feeling of the book.

Orange Is the New Black