BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Prisoners in the Palace: How Princess Victoria became Queen with the Help of Her Maid, a Reporter, and a Scoundrel - This is a well conceived historical fiction for young adults that many adults will want to read as well. Historical Fiction is one of my favorite genres and the Victoria Era probably my favorite. Elizabeth is orphaned and left with nothing but an education, she has no choice but to work as a lady's maid. Her fortunes take a turn when she lands a position with Princess Victoria during her teen years. There is a lot of court intrigue with Elizabeth taking part in solving mysterious intrigues and befriending Victoria.I loved how I was drawn in be the wealth of fact woven into the fiction of the story. It was so believable that you could just feel yourself inside Kensington Palace and it is nice to see Victoria portrayed as full of joy and life instead of her later years. I think this is best suited for those over 12 years old since there is some visits to unsavory parts of London. More, please!

Orange Is the New Black