BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Jessica Rules the Dark Side

Jessica Rules the Dark Side - Beth Fantaskey I loved Jessica's Rules for Dating on the Dark Side and this one exceeded my expectations. I think I almost liked it more than the first one. I am always worried about a the second in the series and if it will live up to the first. Don't worry, it has everything the first one has and more! There are some serious page turning moments as Jessica must learn to act princessly (I know, not a word, but princely is a word, so why not princess-ly), and save her new husband from certain death. She manages it all just in the nick of time with the help of Mindy, her BFF and stylist extraordinaire. I think Mindy needs some more feature time since her slow wit is becoming quicker and more refined. I didn't get to see much of Lucius and his snarky comments, but Mindy and Raniero helped spice things up again. Raniero's emails to Lucius are bitingly funny (pun intended) and his adoring words to Mindy are something special. Every girl wishes she can get notes like his. I think there is more to tell in the Mindy and Raniero story or at least I hope so. Now I can't wait to see Jessica kick some butt in a new adventure since in this one she really comes into her own.

Orange Is the New Black