BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

The Kingmaker's Daughter (The Cousins' War)

The Kingmaker's Daughter - Philippa Gregory MY THOUGHTSABSOLUTELY LOVED ITAs sisters, Anne and Isabel are best friends, confidants and later become rivals. Their father, Richard Neville, uses the girls as political pawns and betroths them to the man that will give him the likeliest gain. Anne finds herself in and out of arrangements and she finally ends up with the love of her life after her first husband dies and she essentially elopes with Richard, second in line. With him, she has a son, and they find themselves on the throne after multiple intrigues and escaping her sister, Isabel and her husband, both of whom have tried to use her as a pawn. I always forget how much I adore Philippa Gregory's work until I pick up one of her books. This story about Anne Neville doesn't disappoint. Anne was aunt and guardian of the princes who later turned up dead in the Tower of London and I think her sister's story will be told next and it will be interesting to see how Isabel's point of view relates these same stories. I always end up pulling out the family tree to get the background on these characters and how they are so interrelated. I think this one will even appeal to teen readers since the main characters are teens.

Orange Is the New Black