BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Haunted Honeymoon

Haunted Honeymoon - Marta Acosta I feel like I am about to write a eulogy since I have just discover that this is the final book about Milagro. Marta Acosta is one of the best paranormal writers I have ever read and will sadly mourn the passing of the Casa Dracula series. Fortunately, the books survive the series' demise and you can read them all over and over again. You can't find a better written vampire series that combines wit, a love of dogs and gardening. Actually, I don't know of any other series that combines these three.This story is a wonderful send off for Milagro since she gets to have her honeymoon after all. Well, honestly, you had to know that much just from the title, so I am not spoiling much. I won't mention who she ends up with, but it is not Oswald. Getting to the honeymoon is a wacky, snark-filled trip and one that I found immensely enjoyable. Milagro is never dull or boring and her philosophical discussions just make you smile. I swear I found a bunch of one liners that I want to use myself. Nancy (my fav!) makes a few cameos as well and check out Nancy's Theory of Style if you need a fix or find yourself missing Milagro. I just adore Acosta's writing and hope she has more books planned. This is one author who could make her grocery list sound witty and literate.

Orange Is the New Black