BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance Series #4)

Rogue Rider (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9) - Larissa Ione MY THOUGHTS LOVED IT Reseph, as Pestilence, the first Rider of the Apocalypse, has now been sent to Earth with his memory wiped clean to recover from his actions in the End of Days. Jillian, who has been injured during the war between the demons and angels has retreated to her parent's cabin in Colorado after their deaths in a plane crash. Jillian finds Reseph naked in the snow and drags him back to the cabin where she nurses him back to health until she can get him to town and out of her life. It seems like each time Jillian tries to move him on, he comes back to her just like there is an invisible bond of elastic between them Even though the attraction is intense between them, Jillian really doesn't want to take a chance. So when Reseph gains bits and pieces of his memory, he realizes that the demons are still among the humans and he feels a need to protect her. There are some seriously funny moments mixed in with some amazing sexual tension and the dialogue is pure pleasure. Jillian is strong but has a lot of vulnerability as a counterpoint to Reseph's in your face male attitude. I love it when she weakens and starts to accept him as he is even though this puts her in even more danger. There are a lot of revelations of the other Horsemen in this installment as the series builds up to it's conclusion. I so want to spill the beans here, but I am not going to. I think even if you just pick up this book by itself, there is enough backstory to get you through and let you enjoy this one by itself, although I wouldn't recommend that.

Orange Is the New Black