BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Venom (Elemental Assassin Books)

Venom - Jennifer Estep I can't even begin to describe how much I adore this book! I read it so quickly and really didn't want it to end. There are supposed to be five books in this series and I have read two. Yes, I ordered Web of Lies and got it two days after I received Venom, which was 30 days after I ordered it. It didn't make any difference though. I am going back to read Web of Lies right now. This is one tightly plotted book and you will fall in love with all of the characters.Gin is recovering from her loss of Donovan Caine and finds that he is replaced by Gin's long lost sister, Bria. The first 50 pages of the book recap the first two stories, so I wasn't at a complete loss getting up to speed. She sets her sights on cleaning up Ashland and getting revenge on Mab Malone who killed her mother and older sister. This storyline would make a fabulous graphic novel. She also learns several secrets about her past and you get little glimpses of what made her into what she is today.The real heavy of the story is Elliot Slater, a giant who causes Gin all kinds of grief and also a lot of information. Gin is becoming stronger both mentally and physically. Of course, Slate gets what is coming to him. There is a lot of violence and lust in this one. The lust comes in the form of a new hottie, Owen Grayson. I see a wonderful future for Gin now that she has met her match. There are lots more details, but you will have to read this one to get them. Just awesome! If you enjoy Jennifer Rardin or Kelly Gay or will also adore this series.

Orange Is the New Black