BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Groundswell

Groundswell - Katie Lee Emma is struggling financially, loses her scholarship and moves to Hollywood. She gets a job as a PA on a movie set and ends up marrying the star. Her fairytale ending doesn't go quite as planned since she discovers her husband cheating on her with her best friend. She ends up running away to Mexico where she discovers surfing and the connection with the ocean that repairs her heart as well as her mind. This rags to riches story is just a perfect summertime read that hits a lot of marks perfectly.Emma is very likable and it is easy to see how such a nice girl gets wrapped up in the Hollywood lifestyle. She at least remains true to herself even though she does buy into the dream, which turns into a nightmare. Her journey of self discovery in nicely played with the background of surfing. I haven't read a book like this with such a unique twist. I have a feeling that the author used some personal experiences in the writing of this one since she married Billy Joel. I really enjoyed this one.

Orange Is the New Black