BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Shadowspell (Faeriewalker Series #2)

Shadowspell - Jenna Black Shadowspell continues the story started in Glimmerglass and follows Dana as she gets deeper involved with the world of the fae. Her aunt Grace and both Queens want her dead while Ethan seems to be playing games with her. She now lives in a bunker like safe house deep inside the mountain where Finn is defending her full time and his son, Keane, is now giving her more lessons in self defense. Dana can only go out supervised by Finn and another body guard. The Erlking has now discovered Dana and wants her for his own, so he captures Ethan and makes him part of his Wild Hunt gang. I can't watch Lady Gaga's video Judas without thinking of this book. Of course, Dana is manipulated into a bad situation with the Erlking in order to return Ethan from his clutches, but in her headstrong way, Dana thinks she has all the angles of the deal figured out. She doesn't and finds out she might have possibly bargained away her life. I don't think the Erlking is truly evil since he is protected Dana and gives her excellent advice to help her protect herself and make better decisions. So now there is a love quadrangle (?) and there are quite a few developments that keep the plot moving (sorry, I am not going to spoil that for anyone). Now, I just can't wait for the next one in the series, Sirensong, where I hope that Dana develops her newly found powers.

Orange Is the New Black