BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Somebody to Love

Somebody to Love - Kristan Higgins MY THOUGHTSLOVED ITParker and her son live off of her trust fund supplied by her father, but when her father is conivcted for insider trading, the funds dry up. She inherits a house from a distant aunt where at least she will have a roof over her head and her career as a children's author puts food on the table. All except the house is barely inhabitable. Enter James, a lawyer, who has been asked to help her out and she would really rather do without his help, but he is really cute and really handy. James really represents everything from her "previous" life - aka - the trust fund years, and she wants to move on. Of course, he has feeling for her, even if they are reciprocated at first. At times, I really wanted Parker to wake up and see how right he is for her. but since he is one of a pair of lawyers she refers to as Thing One and Thing Two, you know there is some distance between them. Higgans is one of my favorite romance authors since she always includes a strong female character with a sweet, clean romantic angle. This story also revisits two of my favorite characters from Catch of the Day, Maggie and Malone. The humor and believable dialogue are really what makes this book sparkle for me. Parker is so spunky, and even though she has been brought up with money, she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. Parker is someone I wish I lived next door to! If you enjoy Rachel Gibson, Jill Shalvis and Carly Phillips, this should be right up your ally.

Orange Is the New Black