BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Louder Than Love

Louder Than Love - Jessica Topper MY THOUGHTSABSOLUTELY LOVED ITKatrina has moved back to her childhood home after her husband dies in a horrible train accident right when their daughter is about to turn one. Moving from New York City to a small town an hour away has given some comfort to Katrina, surrounded by her high school friends and memories. Trained as a librarian, she devotes part of her time volunteering at the local library and puts together a special appearance by her daughter's favorite musician (hers too!) that wrote the theme song for a PBS kids show. The musician, Adrian Graves puts on an amazing show for the children and the attraction between Katrina and Adrian is intense. Of course, nothing goes according to plan and when they do kiss, Adrian ends up in the hospital due to an unfortunate allergic reaction to the shellfish Katrina has consumed. I know I shouldn't have been laughing but the whole scene was just priceless. Katrina doesn't hear from the guy again, thinking that kiss has ruined her chances. That is until her adorable daughter, Abbey (named after the album, of course), spots him near Central Park on their way to the zoo. Just when I find out all kinds of background on Katrina and her life, I am really wondering about this guy. What is his story? In a perfectly paced manner, I get my answers. This is a smart and concise romance with a few twists and a bit of a mystery that had me on a bit of a rollercoaster wondering if these two could possibly work things out between them with all of their baggage. I am being a bit vague on Adrian's background, but as a rock star that has within drawn from public life, he has quite a few chips on his shoulder. You need to read this right now. So far, this is one of my favorites of the year. I really hope that Topper explores a bit more into the hidden lives of the famous and near famous soon, even if they are only rock stars on the page. I am also super picky about how those stars are portrayed and Adrian rings completely true.

Orange Is the New Black