BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

The Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices, Book 1)

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare ABSOLUTELY LOVED ITCassandra Clare has to be one of my favorite authors now. I loved the Mortal Instruments series and this one just adds to them. This is one seriously creepy book and I fell in love with all of the characters. It is nice to see the Shadowhunters again. There is a lot of excitement towards the end of the book which of course left me hanging. The story is about Tessa who is brought to England by her brother for nefarious reasons. Tessa really grows once she escapes from the Dark Sisters and finds herself in the London Institute where she develops her new found powers of transformation.So now we have Team Jem and Team Will. I am still torn between the two and I think a sequel would help me decide. Tessa grows into her own between these two boys and while the story goes back and forth between the two, Tess learns that her brother has abandon her and they are her salvation. There is a bit of mystery that surrounds her parents and this is partially answered towards the end. The other curious part of the book is the clockwork angel itself. I think that there is more to tell about this piece of jewelery than is covered by the story so far.I highly recommend this book for everyone, although there is some unsettling violence, so it is probably best suited for kids older than 12.

Orange Is the New Black