BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Forget You

Forget You - Jennifer Echols ****SLIGHT SPOILERS*****This is the first book I have read by Jennifer Nichols and it was a wonderful experience. I read this one straight through with no breaks and it definitely kept my interest. There are always certain parts of a book where you have to suspend reality in order for the plot to work and there were only one or two sticking points in this story. The plot sees typical teenage behavior but when Zoey "forgets" the night she has a head on accident and things get strange. She is an overachiever and tries tirelessly to be perfect so her dad will appreciate her. Of course, she never gets far since her dad is wrapped up in his own world and her mom is overcome with mental illness. Zoey falls apart after the accident both physically and mentally. Zoey thinks she is in a relationship with Brandon, but really spends all of her time with Doug. For someone so together and smart, she messes up quite a bit. This is probably due to her family life falling apart around her. The accident just spurs things along. The characters really seem true to life and believable. If you are looking for a good teenage romance, this will be a quick summer read for you. I think this is best suited for older teens since there is alcohol, drug use and sexual situations.

Orange Is the New Black