BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Shift (The Shade Trilogy)

Shift - Jeri Smith-Ready You know how a song gets stuck in your head? Well, this completely happened with this book since I am still thinking about it. Just to warn you, as soon as you finish it, you will want another one and yes, it ends with a bit of a cliffhanger so just be prepared to sit, tap your fingers and start to stalk the author asking her when the next book is coming out. So now I am going to try and write a spoiler free review. Aura is in the middle of a triangle between Logan, who came back from Shade and is now just Ghost and Zachary, who she is spending more time with because of a school commitment. She finds herself really dwelling on Zachary more and more and how his history intertwines with her own. Together with the help of a teacher, they start to uncover their own beginnings. Logan has a spectacular send off, but is he really and truly gone? I never thought it was possible for a ghost to grow up, but Logan accomplishes that towards the end of the book. So, I am going to make you read the book to get the answers, but it is well worth it.

Orange Is the New Black