BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

The Iron Knight (Iron Fey Series #4)

The Iron Knight - Julie Kagawa MY THOUGHTSLOVED ITThe conclusion of the series brings Prince Ash to tell his tale and the story is an epic journey full of quests and obstacles to overcome in order for Ash to obtain a human soul so he can be with Meghan in the Iron court. Puck and Grimalkin are helping Ash find the solution to his puzzle of becoming human. The trail leads them through some harrowing clashes (several of them between the group itself) and they meet some unique foes with a good sense of fun brought in by Puck. Oh Puck, how I love you! The comic relief he brings to the story is priceless. The conclusion of the series made me like Ash a bit more since some of his gruffness is worn away a bit. The bond that forms between Puck and Ash is extremely well done and really helps move the plot along.Meghan is not the star of this book, but she is in the back of Ash's mind constantly and his loyalty towards her is extremely gratifying for the reader. I honestly kept thinking that this would make a really great movie done in a Monty Python fashion since the trials that the group must endure and overcome had that bit of weirdness and whimsy. Kagawa does an amazing job of writing the perfect dialogue for these characters. This is a series I will definitely go back to savor again and again. I am a bit sad that it is over and hope that the author has something equally wonderful for me to read next.

Orange Is the New Black