BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane Series #1)

Wicked Intentions - Elizabeth Hoyt This series is off to a great start! I love historical fiction and the romance in this book is outstanding. It is quite suspenseful in parts. There is a slow building chemistry between the two main characters, Lord Caire, (seriously, that is one play on words towards the end, if I am pronouncing as "care") and Temperance (another perfectly named character). I love the fact that Temperance has a past and is not stunningly beautiful like most heroines, her beauty grows on you and it really seems to for Lord Caire. Now, Lord Caire does not at first live up to his name. I couldn't really warm up to him at first. Oh, but the sparks fly when they do connect. There are lots of other characters and subplots that make this story fuller than most. Over all, it was excellently done. This story is a bit darker than other ones I have read by Elizabeth Hoyt and I think I like it better. Now, you must wait, like me until February, 2011 for the next one in the series, which I believe is called Notorious Pleasures and will be about Temperance's sister, Silence. Oh, my gosh, this is so unfair to make me wait so long.

Orange Is the New Black