BookHounds

Books, Gardens, Dogs

The Lives We Lost (Fallen World - Trilogy)

The Lives We Lost - Megan Crewe MY THOUGHTSLOVED IT***spoilers if you haven't read the first book***This second installment of The Fallen World picks right up where the first one left off. The group of teens are trying to survive with limited resources and Kaelyn find her father's work on a vaccine for the virus that kills people within days and has decimated the world. Leo, her boyfriend and best guy friend, Gav decide to head off the island and take the cure to the capitol in hopes that someone there can replicate it. Her cousin, Meredith and BF, Tess decide that they must come as well. When bombs start dropping on the island, it forces there hand to move quicker into action and leave for the mainland. Once outside their contained island, they find the world is in chaos. As they travel, they come across what amounts to a war zone and as they stop looking for supplies, Meredith blurts out that they have a vaccine and that throws the group into the view of the new guy in power, Michael. As they escape from this new threat, they find refuge in an artist colony. There they meet up with a new kid, Justin, who is a bit trigger happy. This does end up serving them well in the long run. Meredith and Tess remain in safety at the colony as they travel through the devastation. Of course, they end up not being able to find any success in the capitol and meet up with a new girl from the opposition that helps them escape again. They now have a new destination: the CDC in Atlanta. AHHHH...I hate waiting. I know it will be another year before the conclusion to the story is released. This second installment was fast paced and well written. For as hopeless and dire their circumstances are, the group seems to find hope in little things and Kae keeps them going in the hope that they can actually save the world. I really loved this one. Parents: there are a few kisses, some violence and lots of hardship. This is such a great series and I love the authors writing. I can't wait until the next one!

Orange Is the New Black